To me Otters epitomize true wildlife photography. First you have to find them, then pit your wits against them – a true challenge and even then you need a wee bit of luck thrown in to get pictures of them. These are true wild creatures so keep that in mind as this is what makes them so special and the wildlife photography test they present.
However when things do go to plan there can be not better feeling and satisfaction than when you do have an encounter with this most engaging charismatic beastie. It truly is an experience you will never forget. Otters are my favourite animal and I will do my best to let you see why during this trip.
Due to the nature of this type of photography group size will be maximum of 2.
If you are up for the challenge and want to do real wildlife photography this is a trip that will appeal to you. During the full 3 days photography we will explore various sea-lochs in search of otters, learning about them and showing you best ways how to approach and stalk them. The Otters welfare is utmost so first and foremost every step possible will be taken to keep disturbance to an absolute minimum, how do to this will also explained.
The coastal areas we will visit and the island in general are great for other wildlife, so we will not bypass anything and make most of any wildlife or landscape photo opportunity that we happen to encounter in our travels.
Key Elements of Otters In Focus Tour:
- The best techniques in finding Otters.
- How to approach using the shoreline and natural terrain for cover.
- Gauging where best to position yourself to maximise your Otter photographic opportunities.
- Understanding and gaining knowledge of when to back away or continue, the Otter always come first not the picture.
- Optimising what gear and equipment to use or not use.
Contact me with any questions.